Caring for people has always come naturally to me. From newborns to the elderly, I’ve been there for people in all stages of life and I have a sweet spot for every one of them!
A little bit about me –
- I’ve been married to my husband for over 15 years now and we have two amazing kiddos that we homeschool.
- We are suckers for animals and currently have a small zoo consisting of dogs, cats, sugar gliders and a snake!
- I am not a native Texan, I was actually born and raised in Virginia around the Shenandoah Valley.
- I’ve played mmorpg’s for over 15 years now, thanks to my husband. There isn’t much time for that nowadays, but I still enjoy reading about them!
- My hair is almost always a new color, but it’s naturally gray.
- I’ve had an induced birth at 37 weeks with an epidural, a miscarriage at 8 weeks, and a med free birth with two Doulas
- I’ve formula fed and breastfed
- I founded and have run (with lots of help!) the Moms Offering Maternal Support group in Wichita Falls since 2016
Evidence suggests that, in addition to regular nursing care, continuous one-to-one emotional support provided by support personnel, such as a Doula, is associated with improved outcomes for women in labor.
The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists
However you give birth, your experience will impact your emotions, your mind, your body, and your spirit for the rest of your life.
Ina May Gaskin
What does it mean to hold space for another person?
It means that we are willing to walk alongside another person in whatever journey they’re on without judgement, making them feel inadequate, trying to fix them, or trying to impact the outcome.
When we hold space for other people, we open our hearts, offer unconditional support, and let go of judgement and control.
What can I do for you?
I bring experience to your journey.
Having attended more than 40 births in my short time joining the birth world, I bring plenty of experience and calm to your birth, to your home after having a child, or to your home when you just need support. I will come prepared to care for your emotional and physical needs as well as prepare any other support people in your life in ways they can also assist you.
I bring empathy and respect to you and your loved ones.
At the end of the day, your journey and your choices are what matter most. My goal is to respect those choices by supporting you in all the ways you need, while still giving your family and yourself the space to connect through these powerful moments.
I share evidence based information.
Knowing what the evidence says about something you are conflicted about can ultimately give you peace of mind about your decisions. There is no way to make an informed decision about your journey unless you have been presented with all the facts.